The early Christian oratory at Gallarus on the Dingle peninsula in County Kerry. This beautiful building, shaped like an upturned boat, is thought to date to about the eight century.
Ancient Sites & Astronomy
Herigtage Tours Ireland
- custom tours of the ancient and mythological sites around Wicklow, Tara and Loughcrew.
Voices from the Dawn
- lovely website by Harold Goldbaum, ancient sites, folklore and great VR panoramas.
Ciaran McHugh's photography site
- some beautiful images from around Sligo.
Shadows and Stone
- superb website with photos by Ken Williams.
A great comprehensive collection of Irish
- an extremely comprehensive collection of monuments.
Spirit of Burren
- tours of Ireland and Scotland with Jackie Queally.
- An eclectic collection of pages by Anthony Weir. Some great old photos of sites, essays, and rock art. Anthony has an excellent CD ROM based on his out of print Field Guide to Irish Megaliths, which you can purchase through his site.
- by Anthony Murphy.
- comprehensive sites dedicated to the Boyne Valley monuments by Michael Fox.
- Victor Reijs has done some pioneering work with a webcamera in Maeshowe Cairn, Orkney.
- texts database in UCC. A fantastic resource for anyone interested in ancient Irish culture.
Mid Atlantic Geometry
- Sig Lonegren's Sacred Geometry and Dowsing pages, based in Glastonbury.
- With Andy Burnham, a massive collection of megalithic sites and websites.
Alaistar's Stone Circle Pages
- With Alaistar Mc Ivor.
- The Heritage of Orkney by Sigurd Towrie.
- Writer, lecturer, author. Fingerprints of the Gods, Heaven's Mirror and a few other bestsellers.
- Some amazing information on pyramids and sacred geometry from Elisabeth Haich's seminal book.
- Scott Monaghan's pages on Ancient sites & Astronomy.
The Stone Pages
- Detailed pages about Ancient Sites all over Europe, based in Italy.
Folklore and Mythology
- an electronic database from Pittsburgh.
Comhaltas Ceolteori Eireann
website. Loads of great resources. Check out the video clips.
- Brilliant website for guitar students. Justin has video clips which make sense of loads of techniques and popular tunes. Respect!
Henrik Norbeck's Abc Tunes
- hundreds of traditional Irish tunes - a great resource which I often use.
The Session website
- ABCs, discussions, and recording index for listed tunes, mostly traditional Irish music. Site contains thousands of tunes in a searchable database.
- A great site to look up any kind of music.
- modern Irish music with lots of drumming.
- site of Dervish, Sligo's traditional music band.
The Nick Drake Homepage
- Creator of some haunting and beautiful songs.
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- An Unofficial Website.
- everything you wanted to know.
- never quite the same without Syd Barrett.
Close to Home
Arrow Rock Hostel
on the shores of beautiful Lough Arrow, under Moytura.
on the net.
Sligo Mountaineering Club
hosted by Joe McGowan.
The Michael Coleman Centre
- A site dedicated to the life and music of Michael Coleman.
Willow Design and Publishing
- another excellent local site.
The Sathya Sai Sanctuary Trust for Nature
A charitable home dedicated to donkeys, below Carrowkeel.
The Spiritual life Institute
Webpages of the Carmelite Spiritual life Institute.
Strokestown Park House & Famine Museum
a moving and excellent place for a day out in the North Connaught Region.
The Glens Arts Centre,
Manorhamilton, Co Leitrim.
- a fabulous eco lodge and guest house near Moytura in County Sligo.
The Organic Centre
in Rossinver. Lots of weekend courses, and 18 acres of gardens to visit.
lissadell House .
Drop in to
Teach Ban art gallery
located in Drumcliffe.
- A wide selection of information about county Clare.
An excellent Internet resource on Ireland, based between Cork and Texas.
- Irish mythological artist with a wonderful style.
- a 4 Star Hotel in Donegal.
Diamond Coast Hotel
- Enniscrone Co. Sligo.
- accomodation in Sligo, Yeats Village and The Village, Clarion Road.
- accommodation in the Boyne Valley.
Accommodation Directory Of Ireland.
is a five star hotel and restraunt on the slope of Maigh Tuireadh, with some of the best views in Sligo.
is an ancient Templar building with a big house and farm set in fine estate lands near Ballymote.
- a large estate house just outside Collooney, set in beautiful grounds with some very old trees.
Granny's Cyber Cottage
- located in the beautiful village of Geevagh, under Kilronan Mountain.
is situated beside the mound of Dowth in the Boyne Valley.
Drumdoney Farmhouse Cottage
self catering cottage owned by the Craig Family in Castlebaldwin.
The Hotel Guide
maintains the largest international directory of hotels found on the Internet.
The Benwisken Centre
, Ballintrillick, Co Sligo.
The Irish Bus Site
- should prove useful for those planning a holiday over here.
- the official Irish airline - Look up - it's Aer lingus.
- Train Services in Ireland.
The official website of the
, Scotland - Information on Scotland's hidden past.
Myth and Mystery.com
Dedicated to linking "good" World Myth, Mystery & Ancient History websites.
- Follow the travels of Kathleen and Henry on their journey around Europe.
One Spirit Project
- a Body, Mind, and Spirit Directory.
Alf Erickson's Balloon Pages
- A site which covers balloons, corkscrews and elephant sports.
- An amazing site packed full of fascinating information.
The Glastonbury Website
Huge resource of information and links about the Isle of Avalon.
One of the few surviving monuments at
a destroyed collection of
style dolmens and circles near lifford in County Donegal. The
stone circle is a few kilometers to the north.