clickable map of the Carrowmore complex, after Bergh, 1996. The Carrowmore
circles are dispersed in an oval shape around the edges of a low plateau,
measuring about 500 m x 1 km.
large number of circles were destroyed before 1837 and their approximate
locations were noted by George Petrie in interviews with land owners.
Petrie's numbering system is still in use. The circles are loosely clustered
around Site 51, the cairn called Listoghil which was excavated and reconstructed
in the late 1990's.